Cambly is one of the easiest (albeit lowest paying at $.17 per minute) company to join. Whereas others require Bachelor's Degrees, Cambly has no other requirements except being a native English speaker from North America, U.K., Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand. Focused more on conversational English with adults from all over the world, it's more like getting paid for having coffee with a friend.
- Easy, peasy if you're a Chatty Cathy and don't mind conversing and meeting diverse people from all over the world.
- Not North American specific in regards to accent or location. You just need to be a Native English speaker from North America, U.K., Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand, but you can work from anywhere around the world.
- No degree required.
- No face-to-face interview. Simply record a demo.
- Make your own schedule 24 hours a day since the students are from all over the world.
- There's no specific amount of time in which you'll be accepted. Applications could be accepted anywhere from one day to one year, dependent on their hiring needs.
- There will never be a raise.
- No guaranteed hours.
- Beware of the free trial students. Sometimes they might hang up before a minute (which means you won't get paid) or every once in awhile you might get a flasher who thinks this is a different kind of video chat.
Technically the kids program is by invite only, but once you're accepted into Cambly you can always send an email to the help desk to let them know you're interested in the kids program and be placed on the waiting list.
Cambly Kids recommends you open at least 20 hours on your schedule (although I have yet to this, and have not received a warning.
Cambly Kids hours are also 24 hours a day as it is a program available to students all over the world.
No face-to-face interview! You'll be sent a link to record your demo. Like other companies have flashcards, whiteboards and a warm inviting classroom, but unlike other companies, no one will be checking in to make sure you have a certain amount of props!